Neurological surgery a specialty that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders affecting any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
Major services offered:
- Micro Neurosurgery for all intracranial and spinal tumours
- Trans sphenoidal excision of pituitary tumours
- Microvasular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia.
- Surgery for intracranial aneurysms and AVMs.
- Excision of acoustic neuromas and other CP angle meningiomas.
- Surgery for congenital malformation including craniosynostosis, Chiari malformations, syringomyedia, myelomeningocoeles, atlanto axial dislocation, basilar invagination.
- Surgery for peripheral nerve entrapment.
- Surgery for spinal stabilization
- Surgery for spinal canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and intervertebral disc prolapse (including microlumbardissectomy)
- Cervical micro dissectomy and instrumentation
- Surgery for Neurotrauma (Head injury and spine injury)
Operation Theatre equipped with state of the art LEICA microscope, Philips and Siemens C arm image intensifiers, Aesculap Micro speed Uni Electronic high speed drill and Precision Coagulator.